Alberta Coal Branch
QuickTime (QT) encoding has been used for these videos (movies), thus a QT plug-in will be required if your browser is not QT ready. The numbers in brackets provide a rough indication of the size of the file involved.
Click the "Back" button at the top of the screen to return to this page after viewing a video clip. The videos are available in two sizes, one-sixteenth screen:
- View Cadomin Town (4 Mb)
- View Cardinal River Coal loading (5.3 Mb)
- View CN coal train (5 Mb)
- View Coalspur mine (990 K)
- View Coalspur railroad yard (2.1 Mb)
- View Coalspur town (2.6 Mb)
- View Erith Tie sawmill (2.3 Mb)
- View Inland Cement loading
- View Lineside details (2.2 Mb)
- View Mercoal (3.7 Mb)
- View Coal Branch Motors (990 K)
- View Mountain Park Town (1.9 Mb)
- View Mountain Park Washout (2.4 Mb)
- View Old coal wagon (726K)
The video clips were all shot on 16mm black and white film without a sound track during the early 1970s. They were converted to VHS (NTSC and subsequently PAL) prior to digitisation.
The video resources have been digitised from 16mm film located in the Provincial Museum and Archives of Alberta, deposits number 88.634/5, 88.634/7, and 88.634/8, and shot by A C Lynn Zelmer with the assistance of Amy Elliott Zelmer and Robert N Christie.
The Alberta Coal Branch collection and its constituent resource materials copyright © 1910-1997 A C Lynn Zelmer and other copyright holders. Contact A Zelmer, Box 1414 Rockhampton Qld 4700 Australia; E-mail: L.Zelmer@CQU.edu.au . home page. Last updated 20/7/97.