MOUNTAIN PARK, July 3--Final act of the village of Mountain Park, where the mines have closed, is ending.
The community is dispersing slowly and within a month will only have a few stragglers since the reason of its being, the mines, are no longer operating.
The United church board has donated all its equipment, an organ, piano, pulpit and chairs to the newly formed parish of Mercoal.
Students held their final graduation banquet in the Cheviot Hotel and property of their union, including a projector, radio and hundreds of books will be sold and the money used for scholarships for students in the Coal Branch.
Edmonton Bulletin, 3 July 1950