Internet and Web Technology: On-Line Information Strategies
National Health Informatics Conference -- Hobart 1999
- Australian Health Online
- This is a "virtual marketplace" established by the Dept of Human Services and Flinders University.
- Australian Medical Association
- Site for members and the public.
- The Consumers' Health Forum
- Electronic version of newsletter and other links
- Health Communication Network
- The HCN is a commercial, Australian-based organisation which offers a range of resources for biomedical and health information including, Medline, Cochrane Library, MIMS Online, and HealthWIZ
- The HISA website is in three sections: Information (general section open to all), Administration (password protected for Board Members and Manager), and Membership. The membership section is individually password protected for each member and gives further access without charge to HISA members to a Web-board for general topic discussions, the HISA electronic newsletter and the On-line literature databases of Medline, Cinahl and the Cochrane Library.
- Post-Polio Network of New South Wales
- Provides a wide range of information useful to those with PPS and their carers. See also Lincolnshire Post-Polio Library in International.
- Public Health Association of Australia Inc
- Information for members and links to other relevant sites in Australia and New Zealand.
This workshop is presented by A C Lynn Zelmer, PhD, a Central Queensland University senior lecturer who has long been involved in health training and health informatics. Contact him by e-mail at L.Zelmer@CQU.edu.au or visit his Home Page at http://vl-zelmer.cqu.edu.au. Research was provided by Hon Prof Amy E Zelmer, Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University.
LAST UPDATED: 17/8/99 (LZ)