Internet and Web Technology: On-Line Information Strategies
National Health Informatics Conference -- Hobart 1999
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- CIHI is a national, not-for-profit organization responsible for developing and maintaining Canada's comprehensive health information system. The site has extensive databases and registries at national and provincial levels.
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
- This US site has a wide range of authoritative information which would be of interest to travellers and to those with interests in specific diseases and their prevention.
- International Red Cross
- News about IRC and humanitarian activities.
- Lincolnshire Post-Polio Library
- See also NSW site in Australian Organisations.
- New York Academy of Medicine
- Division of Public Health: Established in 1995, the Division of Public Health strengthens and redirects the Academy's historic commitment to public health.
- Is a low volume e-mail list which is archived on the net. It provides brief summaries of developments, conferences etc. related to telehealth. While largely US based it does include information from other countries.
- World Health Organisation
- This site provides a great deal of information about WHO programs as well as links to other information sources around the world.
This workshop is presented by A C Lynn Zelmer, PhD, a Central Queensland University senior lecturer who has long been involved in health training and health informatics. Contact him by e-mail at L.Zelmer@CQU.edu.au or visit his Home Page at http://vl-zelmer.cqu.edu.au. Research was provided by Hon Prof Amy E Zelmer, Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University.
LAST UPDATED: 17/8/99 (LZ)