Internet and Web Technology: On-Line Information Strategies
National Health Informatics Conference -- Hobart 1999
Health-Specific Libraries, Etc.
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health)
- Permits searching (basic or advanced) of more than 500 health-related journals with on-line abstracts available.
- Cochrane Library
- The Cochrane Collaboration is an international organisation that aims to help people make well-informed decisions about healthcare by preparing, maintaining and promoting the accessibility of systematic reviews of the effects of healthcare interventions. The Australasian website also has links to many other sites.
- Federal Department of Health and Aged Care
- Government programs and studies.
- General Practice National Information Service
- The National Information Service supports, evaluates and disseminates general practice research throughout Australia as part of the General Practice Evaluation Program(GPEP).
- Lancet electronic research archive in international health and eprint server
- Produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine; the premier source for bibliographic and abstract coverage of biomedical literature. Includes information from Index Medicus, Index to Dental Literature and International Nursing as well as other areas of allied health, biological and physical sciences, humanities and information science as they relate to medicine and health care.
HISA members may access Medline through the HISA site. There are many other "member " or "subscription " pathways to Medline. One no cost pathway is through the
US National Library of Medicine.
- National Clinical Trials Registery
- Australian research trials.
- National Health & Medical Research Council
- Funding for health research, guideline development, promotion of public health
- National Rural Health Research Unit
- The Centre fosters high standard clinical practice health professional education and research in rural health care issues
- WWW Virtual Library Public Health
- Links to community health information.
This workshop is presented by A C Lynn Zelmer, PhD, a Central Queensland University senior lecturer who has long been involved in health training and health informatics. Contact him by e-mail at L.Zelmer@CQU.edu.au or visit his Home Page at http://vl-zelmer.cqu.edu.au. Research was provided by Hon Prof Amy E Zelmer, Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University.
LAST UPDATED: 17/8/99 (LZ)