Internet and Web Technology: On-Line Information Strategies
National Health Informatics Conference -- Hobart 1999
- Australian Organisations
- Government, industry and health organisation sites.
- Australian Telehealth Glossary of Terms
- A university of Queensland Project funded by Queensland Health. A pdf file requiring an Adobe Acrobat reader/plug-in.
- Health-Specific Libraries, Etc.
- MedLine, the Cochrane Library, etc.
- International Organisations
- Information about international issues, or for comparing Australian situations with those in other countries.
- Research and Development Projects
- An Australian project to develop patient information and recall systems.
- Simulated Patients
- Sites which demonstrate the web educating or informing using simulated patients, virtual hospitals, the Visible Human, etc.
- Special Interest Groups
- A very few examples of a very large number of special interest groups which have developed websites. Some have highly technical information, some are oriented towards self-help groups and others are promotional in nature.
This workshop is presented by A C Lynn Zelmer, PhD, a Central Queensland University senior lecturer who has long been involved in health training and health informatics. Contact him by e-mail at L.Zelmer@CQU.edu.au or visit his Home Page at http://vl-zelmer.cqu.edu.au. Research was provided by Hon Prof Amy E Zelmer, Faculty of Arts, Health and Sciences, Central Queensland University.
LAST UPDATED: 17/8/99 (LZ)